I preserved some of the content from the original website that answers a lot of questions. Some of it has been updated but much remains the same.
- Wait, what? I want you to give me money so I can buy a Lamborghini.
- Well, what do I get? Absolutely nothing, except satisfaction. And now you can see some pictures of Lambos on Lambogram.com or fashion fails on WhoLetYouOutLikeThat.
- So you just want perfect strangers to give you money to buy a Lamborghini 'just 'cuz' and not get anything in return? Yes.
- What...I don't even... OK, so you know how all these sites like Kickstarter are popping up so people can fund projects and stuff? Well, this is kind of like that, but instead of a product or project, you're funding my ability to go and buy a Lamborghini and donate to charity.
- Just who do you think you are? I'm just a guy in his 30s who lives in New York, where I work for a non-profit. I've always wanted a Lamborghini. Now, clearly, I can't afford this on my own, so I made this site to see if total strangers would help me make my dream come true.
- Do you even lift, bro? Yup.
- When are you trying to do this by? Whenever. This site has been online for nearly 5 years and has remained profitable.
- Why a Lamborghini? Because, Lamborghini.
- Is this the craziest thing you've ever done? What? Asked complete strangers to give me money to buy an exotic, Italian sports car? Yeah, I guess so. Well, besides the '06 Muffin Incident...
- What charities will you donate to? I'm open to suggestions. I have a few in mind that I'd like to donate to, but you can also suggest ones that you think I should donate to. I'd prefer to donate to those that deal with homelessness, cancer treatment/research, veterans, and access to sports for kids.
- How much money do you need? I'm not quite sure to be honest. I know what a used Gallardo goes for and I've spoken to a few owners about the yearly total cost of ownership. Let's not forget, I have to pay taxes on the money I receive and I'll most likely have to pay sales tax, depending where I get the car from. I'm not going to lay out any of my own money for this, so it has to come completely from donations. Anything left over will go to the charities.
- So is that all you intend to do? You're just going to raise a little money for charity? No. I also intend to use the car for some good. I'd like to use it for local charity events - bring it so kids can sit in the car or go for a ride, auction off rides in it, etc. I'd like to give back and help out others.
- Are you going to give us anything if you get it? If I succeed, I'll naturally post plenty of pictures and videos when I take delivery. If I'm picking it up somewhere far, I'll try to do a road-trip video of the event. I plan to give regular updates about what's happening with the car and how it's being used for charity as well. And you can always get your daily fix of Lamborghini photos on Lambogram.com.
- Can I write this off of my taxes? Ask your accountant. I'm not one, nor do I play one on TV, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once. My guess would be 'No' but it's possible. Remember, you're donating to me and not the charities. I'm not a corporation or an organization, just a dude with a bank account.
- Can I get a refund? Nope. I'm not selling anything here - you're strictly donating money. I think I've made it abundantly clear that you don't get anything in return by donating. If you can't afford to donate, then don't.
- What's with the ads? That's the other way this site makes money besides donations. If you want to advertise here, hit me up. I'm also open to someone sponsoring the site as well. But if you're serious about reaching an audience interested in the automotive industry, send me an email and maybe we can work something out.
- Can I interview you? Possibly. Again, send me an email and explain what you want. I'll need you to have some sort of proof you are who you say you are.
- So remind me one last time why I should give you money? Because you're extremely handsome/beautiful/sexy/smart/talented/kind. You'll be helping me make my dream come true and we'll raise some money for charity to boot. Did I mention how great that shirt looks on you?
- How can I stay on top of what's going on? I've put a 'Subscribe' pop up on the homepage where you can enter your email address. If you're interested in knowing what's going on with the project, subscribe, and I'll email you. If you don't see it, please turn off your ad-blocker. Of course, you should just do that anyway - just for me. It'll be our lil' secret :)
Hugs & Kisses <3 ~ HelpMeGetALambo Guy